What is a Vanpool?
Vanpooling is a convenient way to get to work, especially for people who work far from home. Vanpools accommodate 7- 15 passengers that consist of a driver and passengers with similar origins and destinations. Vanpools are used for nonprofit work-related transportation .
Vanpools are most cost effective when they start at least 15 miles or more from their destinations. The pricing for a van depends on the number of riders and the distance you are traveling.
New, qualifying Vanpools and backup drivers can earn from $100 to $300 in gas cards, receive preferential parking, and enjoy additional special incentives in some areas.
- $300: New vanpool drivers can receive $100 gas cards for three months.
- $100: Vanpool backup drivers can receive $50 gas cards for two months.
- $350: If you are considering forming a public Vanpool, contact: 511
Rules of eligibility: To qualify, the vanpool must have a Solano County origin or destination with at least seven participants and commute three or more days each week. Participants cannot have received a previous vanpool reward from Solano Mobility. Vanpool rewards must be claimed within one year of joining a vanpool. Only one driver per vanpool qualifies for the Vanpool Driver Reward.
To get your Vanpool Rewards please fill out the Multi-form here.
Interested in joining a van?
If you are looking to join an existing vanpool, use our Commuterinfo platform, or contact Enterprise -Christopher.W.Knoll@ehi.com. Benefits of joining a vanpool include:
• Saving money on gas, tolls, and car costs
• Using HOV lanes and reducing travel time
• Improving air quality and traffic
• Qualifying for Commuterinfo Guaranteed Ride Home program (for those who work in Solano County)
Commute with Enterprise – MTC will subsidize eligible commutes up to $350/month. Vanpools must meet certain requirements.
Free bridge tolls – Vanpools with 11-15 passengers that register with the Bay Area Vanpool Program get toll free passage on the Bay Area’s seven state-
For more information, contact our Solano Mobility Call Center at: 800-535-6883