Transit (Travel) Ambassadors
A Transit Ambassador is someone trained to be knowledgeable about the local fixed transit system in his or her community. An ambassador’s goal is to teach others how to use transit and help passengers feel confident riding the bus.
Many Transit Ambassadors are volunteers. If you are friendly, dependable and enjoy helping people, consider becoming a Transit Ambassador. Transit Ambassadors are given classroom training before teaching others. Once trained, Transit Ambassadors:
- Provide training and information to passengers while riding the bus with them
- Provide information and offer assistance at Transit Centers
- Wear Transit Ambassador apparel when volunteering
- Submit a monthly timecard
- Enjoy a FREE monthly transit pass
You may be eligible if you are at least 18 years old, can volunteer twelve (12) hours a month and can commit to being a volunteer for six (6) months. We welcome a wide range of volunteers including people younger and older, bilingual, people with disabilities and others.
Coming soon you will be able to read testimonials from ambassadors and from folks trained by ambassadors.